In what environment do you wish to teach?
If you are looking for a Center where:
- the educationally enriched environment is child-focused and play-based,
- in which every child is supported to learn, thrive and grow,
- children’s healthy social and emotional development is key,
- infant to preschool children’s individual learning styles are considered and needs are met,
- open discourse between professional educators and families is valued,
then you have found us! At Soldiers Field Park Children’s Center, we strive to put children’s individual needs before all else while fostering wonder, opportunity and joy in learning.
We are expanding our teaching teams and are accepting resumes and scheduling interviews for teaching positions. Teachers teach in teams with low child-to-adult ratios. We offer 100% individual health and dental coverage for the employee premium, generous vacation and PTO per year, plus a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. BA in Early Childhood Education or a related field is preferred and classroom experience is a must.
For more about SFPCC, please visit our website at sfpchildrenscenter.org.
Our ideal candidate will:
- have a deep understanding of child development and a strong belief in play-based learning
- be able to assess and document growth for individual children and continue to modify curriculum that adapts to developmental changes
- have a commitment to the field of early childhood education and a desire to grow in evidence-based practice
- have well-developed problem-solving skills, be resourceful and take initiative
- build trusting relationships with culturally diverse children and families
- establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with colleagues
- make appropriate decisions based on the Center’s mission, philosophy and policies
- adjust priorities as circumstances dictate
All interested candidates, please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Soldiers Field Park Children’s Center (SFPCC) is a not-for-profit, Harvard–affiliated childcare center located next to the Harvard Business School campus. Opened in 1976, SFPCC provides educational-based care to approximately 80 children enrolled on a full or part-time basis, from ages 2 months to 5 years. We merged with the 5 other Harvard-affiliated child care centers to form a new organization, Campus Child Care, Inc.
Our Philosophy is based on individualism at all levels – each child, parent, teacher and member of our community is a valued contributor to the success of the program. We strive to instill respect and appreciation for individual differences, and celebrate diversity. To successfully do so, we inform our practice through current research and theory, actively reflecting, adapting and/or changing programming as necessary to meet the goals of each member of our community and the Center as a whole.
Proof of Covid 19 Vaccination required as a condition of employment.